To kick off Beachstock, Stacey's Surf and Paddle hosts Stand Up 4 Change. Stand Up 4 Change is a WPA sanctioned competitive 6-mile ocean race and a non-competitive 1-mile kid/family race to benefit the Margate Business Association's Daniel and Maria Walters Scholarship Program and the MBA Children Fund. In addition, the 1-mile non-competitive race will provide an opportunity for the children of "OCMC" to donate 100% of the money they raise to six local charities.
6-Mile Competitive Race Water Start/Beach Finish
Competitors will form a straight line between 2 buoys in the ocean. Competitors will head in one direction for 1.5 miles, round a buoy, head in the opposite direction for 3 miles, round a buoy, then head back for another 1.5 miles through original starting buoys. Competitors will finish by surfing in and running across the finish line in the sand. Paddlers must carry their paddles with them across the finish line. Stay tuned to our Facebook page for day off paddle updates.
SUP Board Class for 6-Mile Race
- 14' length class (men). No weight or board design restriction.
- 12'6" length class (women). No weight or board design restriction.
- SUP surf board class. 12'2" maximum length. No weight or board design restriction.
Kayaks: Recreation kayaks, no restrictions.
Eligibility for 6-Mile Race
We recommend all participants have prior paddling experience before entering the race.
- Open to Men & Women, ages 18+
- Open to Boys & Girls, ages 14+
- SUP Men & Women, Prone and Kayak, 18-49 and 50+
- SUP Boys & Girls, Prone and Kayak, 17 and under
Prizes & Awards
- Everyone in each age group category will receive 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.
- The first 75 people to sign-up receive a FREE t-shirt
1-MILE FUN PADDLE
Participants will form a straight line between 2 buoys in the ocean. Participants will paddle .5 miles in one direction, round buoy, head in opposite direction for .5 miles, and cross in between two buoys for the finish line. Open to all ages. Children can share boards or kayaks with parents, siblings, friends, or paddle alone.
All participants must sign a waiver and receive a number before entering the water. Click below to register or call 609.335.9891.
Interested in sponsoring this event? Click here.