The Margate Business Association is offering two $2,500 scholarship awards to two Margate or Longport student residents who have attended Margate elementary schools (public or private), will graduate from an area high school in May/June 2016, have been accepted to and will be attending an accredited institution of higher learning, and best fulfill the following requirements:
- Submission of a 300 - 500 word, type-written, double-spaced essay in response to the following prompt:
Using this quotation from Wu Kong: "No matter how far it is to the top, it's still within my grasp," write an essay applying his words to you and your plans for the future. How far along are you in your personal quest or journey? How will you get to the top?
Do not put your name on the essay page or identify yourself in the essay.
- Three (3) adult references (not related to the entrant):
A. A classroom teacher
B. Someone associated with the student in extra-curricular activities
C. A community sponsor providing a personal character reference
- A list of K-8 elementary / middle schools attended
- A list of high school activities
- A list of club, volunteer, or community service activities (current or past)
- A list of any special honors and / or awards
- Name of college / university you will attend in Fall 2016 and proposed major
PLEASE NOTE: We are strict with the eligibility criteria and deadlines. Without exception, applications that do not meet all of the criteria, are missing required elements, or arrive after the deadline are screened out of the process are are not considered for an award.
DOWNLOAD this application => Daniel & Maria Walters Scholarship Application
COMPILE all required materials
MAIL applications and required materials, by March 21, 2016, to:
Margate Business Association Scholarship Program
PO Box 3200
Margate City, NJ 08402