Fine Artist / Crafter Information & Application
Mark your calendar for September 23 & 24, 2017, the dates for the Margate Fall Funfest by the Bay! Show hours are Saturday 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM and Sunday 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
We are looking for top notch artisans to participate in the juried fine arts and crafts component of the festival. Margate's beautiful bayside provides a premier setting to showcase your work and talent to the more than 25,000 people expected to attend the free, two-day event. Please note that previous participation in the festival does not automatically guarantee selection for 2016.
10 x 10 ft tents are required
Electricity is not available and generators are not allowed
Use of plastic bags and balloons, of any kind, are not permitted on the event site
Original work only (no commercially purchased merchandise, kit work, flea market items, or antiques. Fine reproductions of artist's original work are permitted.)
All work to be displayed and sold must be approved by the Jury Committee. A limited number of the same type/category of work will be selected.
Applications must be submitted by June 1, 2017
Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and must include payment. Your application is not considered accepted and confirmed until you hear from Wally K.
If you are a culinary artisan, you must submit a current Certificate of Insurance indicating a minimum $1 million in liability coverage naming the Margate Fall Funfest by the Bay, the Margate Business Association, and the City of Margate, New Jersey as additional insured's. If paying electronically, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: MBA (Funfest) PO Box 3200, Margate, NJ 08402. Site inspections will be made during the Funfest.
If you are a culinary artisan, you must submit a Board of Health and Fire Permit form with your application. If paying electronically, please email to email@example.com or mail to: MBA (Funfest) PO Box 3200, Margate, NJ 08402. Site inspections will be made during the Funfest.
To pay by check, please download this form and mail it in to MBA (Fall Funfest) at PO Box 3200, Margate City, NJ 08402 with your payment.
To apply, you will need to submit:
Three photographs (prints or electronic) of your work. These will not be returned.
Two photographs of you actually working at/creating your craft with tools displayed.
One photograph of your display.
An application (available electronically when you click "Add to Cart" or click here if paying by check.
Two separate payments (electronic or check). One for the jury fee ($10.00) and one to reserve your space.
Signed certification of hand-crafted products. Certificate will be displayed in your booth.
A portion of the proceeds to benefit Gilda's Club of South Jersey and several local non-profit organizations.
Tent, Tables, and Chairs available for rental.
Exhibitor Rules & Regulations
- Exhibitors must display and sell ONLY the items they submitted and were approved by the Jury Committee. Photos of work and display submitted to the jury will not be returned. All work must be original art or crafts. Fine reproductions of artist’s original work permitted with approval by the jury committee.
- No commercially purchased merchandise, kit work, flea market items, novelties, current hot trend or fad toys, antique or food and beverage products will be allowed for sale by art and craft show participants, except in the approved culinary category. This policy will be strictly enforced and displays will be inspected. Exhibitors violating Regulations 1 and 2 will forfeit their exhibition space and THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.
- Exhibitors will receive a VEHICLE ACCESS ID to gain access to the Funfest site, along with a street map of the Funfest indicating the PROPER STREET ENTRANCE. Exhibitors must enter at the designated street entrance ONLY and must have their VEHICLE ACCESS ID displayed in the driver-side corner of the windshield. ONLY ONE VEHICLE PER EXHIBITOR IS ALLOWED.
- ALL VEHICLES MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE FUNFEST GROUNDS 10:00 A.M. VEHICLES ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE FUNFEST GROUNDS DURING SHOW HOURS FOR ANY PURPOSE. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
- EXHIBITORS ARE TO REPORT TO FUNFEST SET UP COORDINATORS ON SITE TO BE DIRECTED TO THEIR SPACE(S). SPACES ARE PRE-ASSIGNED. The Funfest reserves the right to assign all spaces and all decisions are final. Space assignments are for BOTH days. All exhibitors must participate both days. There is no one-day fee. We cannot guarantee specific spaces, but will make an effort to accommodate requests. Exhibitors will be notified of the jury’s decision on acceptance into the show within 60 days of receipt of their applications.
* Load In Times: 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Friday, September 22, 2017 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., Saturday and 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., Sunday, September 23 & 24, 2017
* Show Hours: 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturday and 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday.
- EARLY BREAK DOWNS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED. PARTICIPANTS MUST EXHIBIT BOTH DAYS.
- THERE IS NO RAIN DATE AND NO REFUNDS OF APPLICATION FEE ONCE ACCEPTED.
- All Culinary Vendors must also, complete the Atlantic County Mobile Vendor Application and submit a Certificate of Insurance Naming the City of Margate & the Margate Fall Funfest additionally insured.
- Exhibitors must comply with New Jersey Sales Tax Laws and all other applicable local, county and state regulations. Exhibitors must have a Valid New Jersey Sales Tax Card available for display. It is the responsibility of exhibitors to comply with all sales tax regulations for the charging, collection and remittance of sales tax fees to the New Jersey Division of Taxation. To obtain a New Jersey Sales Tax Card call the state at: 609-826-4400 http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/forms.shtml
- Exhibitors will be erecting their displays on a city street and will be unable to use stakes. All racks, tents, canopies and other displays must be securely weighed down or other precautions taken to ensure safety in windy conditions. Exhibitors must furnish their own tents, tables and chairs. All tables must be skirted.
- No exhibitor may sublet or subdivide a contracted space. Exhibitors must stay within their allotted spaces. Do not block pedestrian traffic, sidewalks, residential walkways and emergency vehicle access.
- Merchandise storage outside of exhibit booth is NOT allowed.
- Exhibitors must maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of their booths at all times, reflecting the proper decorum of a fine juried show. Improper behavior, offensive language or loud music are not permitted. Exhibitors must provide standard 30-gallon trash bags and place their bagged trash outside their booth at the end of each day. Trash will be collected by festival staff and properly disposed of.
- In an effort to keep in step with Sustainable Margate's environmental protection efforts, we are asking that if possible vendors do not use plastic bags at the Margate Fall Funfest By the Bay. As always balloons of any type are not permitted on the event site.